Mayor Jack Froese
Elected to office in 2011, Mayor Jack Froese is currently serving his first term asTownship of Langley Mayor.
For 34 years, Mayor Jack Froese has lived, worked, and raised a family in Langley. He is the successful owner of a family run business.
Through responsible, accountable leadership, Mayor Froese works in cooperation withCouncil, other elected officials, and members of the community to ensure the Townshipof Langley remains a thriving residential and business destination. With a vision forenhanced economic activity and job creation, improved transportation, and safe,well-serviced communities, he is dedicated to providing an exceptional quality of lifefor those who live and work in the Township, now and in the future.
Current Community Service
Jack serves the community as:
- Director, GVRD Board of Directors
- Director, GVRD Finance Committee
- Director, GVRD Mayor’s Committee
- Director, GVRD Municipal Finance Authority
- Director, GVRD Regional Planning and Agricultural Committee
- Director, GVRD Utilities Committee
- Director, TransLink Mayor’s Council
- Co-Chair, Langley Healthier Community Partnership Steering Council
- Member, Community Leaders for Criminal Justice Reform
- Member, Canadian Pacific Rail Community Advisory Panel
- Member, Fraser Health Municipal Government Advisory Council
- Member, Parcel Tax Review Panel
Past Community Service
Jack served as the following:
- Director of Security, 2010 Township of Langley BC Summer Games
- President, Rotary Club of Aldergrove
- Director, Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce
- President, Central Fraser Valley Girls Soccer Association
- Soccer Coach and Executive, Aldergrove Soccer Club
- Auxiliary Constable, Langley RCMP
- Director, Fraser Valley and BC Egg Producers Association
Jack and his wife Debbie owned and operated a turkey farm and turkey wholesale businesswhich is now managed by their children. He is also a retired police officer from the VancouverPolice Department. In 2012, he was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal.