The Township of Langley, like all of the municipalities in BC, will be conducting an election on:
Saturday, November 15, 2014 for:
One Mayor and Eight Councillors for Township of Langley Council; and
Five School Trustees for the Langley School Board
for more information about nomination requirements and packages as well as where to file nomination documents.
Advance Voting Opportunities
Saturday, November 1, 2014 from 9am to 5pm as well as Wednesday, November 5 and Wednesday, November 12, 2014 from 8am to 8pm in the Willowbrook Recreation Centre, first floor, of the Civic Facility, 20338 65 Avenue, Langley
Eligibility to Vote
The Township of Langley uses the Provincial List of Registered Electors to determine eligible voters in the Township. In late August, a voter lookup option will be available on the Township’s website to determine if your name is on the Township’s list of electors.
Are you Qualified to Vote?
To register as a Resident Elector you must meet the following qualifications:
- Canadian citizen
- 18 years of age or older on or before General Voting Day of Saturday, November 15, 2014
- resident of BC for at least six months prior to the day of registration
- resident of the Township of Langley for at least 30 days prior to the day of registration
- not disqualified from voting
To register as a Non-Resident Property Elector
you must meet the following qualifications:
- 18 years of age or older on general voting day; and
- Canadian citizen; and
- resident of British Columbia for at least six months prior to the day of registration; and
- registered owner of real property in the Township of Langley for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration; and
- not eligible to register as a resident elector in the Township of Langley; and
- must only register in relation to one piece of property; and
- if more than one person, and not a corporation, owns the property, only one owner may register and that person must have the written consent of a majority of the other owners. This must be on the prescribed form obtained in advance form the Chief Election Officer. No limited company or corporation or agent is entitled to a vote.
All Resident Electors and Non-Resident Property Electors will be required to produce TWO pieces of identification (at least one with a signature) at time of voting to prove residency and identity.
For further reading
Chief Election Officer
Deputy Chief Election Officer
Civic Facility, 20338 - 65 Avenue, Langley, BC