Licences & Permits
To conduct business in the Township of Langley, you are required to apply for and receive a business licence. Inspections of your business premises by several different authorities may be required prior to your application being approved. New or relocated applicants should plan for a minimum timeline of 30 business days for these inspections to be completed.
Business Licence Applications
Apply for a business licence using this application form. If you intend to make any alterations and or additions to your business premises, a Building Permit may be required.
Applications can be submitted in person, by postal mail, fax or email to email@example.com.
Payment can be made:
- in person by cash, debit, cheque, or credit card (American Express, MasterCard, and VISA)
- a cheque via postal mail
Business Licence Renewal
Looking to renew your business licence online? Visit the Township's secure Business Licence Renewal web page.
Other Helpful Resources
- The Township of Langley Business Licence Directory
- Intermunicipal Business Licence information
- BizPaL, an online service that provides a list of potential permits and licences to start, expand, or develop your business. The service a combined effort by the federal, provincial/territorial, and participating municipal governments.
- One-Stop BC Business Registry, a website that allows you to submit information to a number of authorities from one place. Choose a business name, register a business, incorporate a company, and more using this site.
Utilities Information for Businesses
Township water is a combination of municipal wells, private wells, and the Greater Vancouver Water District. View the latest rates.
The Township sewer system is a combination of a municipal collection system and private septic systems. Treatment of sewage from the municipal collection system is provided by the Greater Vancouver Sewerage and Drainage District Facilities. View the latest rates.
Electric power is supplied by BC Hydro.
FortisBC supplies natural gas primarily for heating and hot water.
The local service providers for telecommunications service are:
||The primary service providers for cable and internet service are:
Community Development Division