New Carts Rolling Out Now!
Garbage and Green Carts for the new cart collection program are being delivered now to all properties receiving Township garbage collection.
A detailed information package, including your individual start date,
will accompany carts upon delivery.
Current garbage collection information effective until cart delivery.
The Township of Langley offers garbage collection to those properties within our garbage collection area
Can Size and Weekly Limits
Maximum of two garbage containers per property (cans, bags, or combination). This maximum includes secondary suites
- 77- to 80-litre can with detachable lid (smaller cans not accepted);
- Standard size plastic garbage bags (tied);
- Maximum weight for each container: 20 kg (44 lbs).
Unlimited Green Can and recycling pickup is available.
Collection Map and Schedule
Never miss another garbage day!
Get a reminder email, tweet, or phone call. Just enter your address below, and click on “Create a reminder.”
Extra Garbage Stickers
Extra weekly garbage bags or containers are permitted if tagged with a garbage sticker. Extra garbage stickers cost $3 each and are available for purchase at these participating locations:
- Civic Facility: 20338 - 65 Avenue
- Operations Facility: 4700 - 224 Street
- IGA Marketplace: 20159 - 88 Avenue
- Aldergrove Kinsmen Centre: 26770 - 29 Avenue
- W.C. Blair Recreation Centre: 22200 Fraser Highway
- Walnut Grove Community Centre: 8889 Walnut Grove Drive
- Langley Centennial Museum: Fort Langley, 9135 King Street
- Langley Events Centre - Gate 1: 7888 200 Street
- Willoughby Community Centre: 7888 200 Street
If Your Garbage Wasn't Picked Up or is Delayed
Call the Township's garbage contractor, Sierra Waste Services Ltd., at 604.530.3939.
If you live outside the garbage collection area, dispose of garbage at the nearest transfer station or hire a private hauler to collect your garbage. Here's a list of haulers who service the Township of Langley.
Certain materials are banned from Metro Vancouver disposal facilities. Bans are in place on items that are:
- hazardous to collection workers, the public, and the environment
If banned materials are found in your garbage, it will not be collected.
can be hazardous and is listed as prohibited. However, small quantities may be double-bagged (with air removed) and disposed of in the garbage. To see preferred options for disposing of waste from dogs, cats, and other pets, visit Metro Vancouver’s website
Household hazardous waste
can be disposed of year-round at various facilities.
Large Item Pick Up
Residents with municipal garbage collection may have up to four large items, such as furniture and appliances, picked up by appointment at any time throughout the year. To schedule a pick-up, call the Township's garbage contractor at 604.530.3939. Mattresses are not included in this program.
Public Garbage Drop-Off Facilities
To personally dispose of extra garbage, there are two Metro Vancouver Transfer Stations located nearby. For locations, hours of operation, and materials accepted, refer to Metro Vancouver's Disposal Facilities
Keep Pests Away
Keep animals and birds out of your garbage