A permit must be obtained from the Fire Department to sell, give or trade, possess, and/or discharge fireworks.

If you have a complaint about fireworks use, the public can contact Bylaw Enforcement at 604.532.7551 or use our online complaint form during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm, excluding statutory holidays. After hours, please contact the RCMP non-emergency line.

Selling, Possessing, Transporting Fireworks Application

To sell, possess, or transport fireworks in the Township, complete an Application for Fireworks Sales (See Schedule 1 of the Fire Prevention Bylaw) and attach the following:

  • proof of a valid Fireworks Supervisor's Certificate issued by Natural Resources Canada
  • a valid Township of Langley business licence
  • a permit fee of $1,500 (for fireworks sales)

A permit will not be issued to an applicant who previously held a fireworks sales permit that was cancelled or rescinded during the past two years prior to the new application date.

Discharging Fireworks Application

Complete an Application for Public Fireworks Event (See Schedule 2 of the Fire Prevention Bylaw) no less than 10 days prior to the event and attach the following:

The applicant must accept full responsibility to supervise as necessary and host this event in compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, and product instructions to a safe and harmless conclusion to all participants, spectators, and adjacent properties.

Failure to comply with bylaw requirements will result in municipal ticketing.