Business Licences

To conduct business in the Township of Langley, you are required to apply for and receive a business licence. Inspections of your business premises by several different authorities may be required prior to your application being approved. New or relocated applicants should plan for a minimum timeline of 30 business days for these inspections to be completed.

Seasonal Food Truck Business Licence Requirements

A business licence will be only be considered for issuance in zones where restaurant use is permitted, and is required for each location the Mobile Food Vendor wishes to operate.

Additionally, the following are to be submitted at time of business licence application.

  • Property owner approval 
  • A site plan of the property, showing the proposed operating location, including a parking calculation
  • Current Fraser Health Department Certificate
  • Greater Vancouver Fire Chief's Association approval

Please note that the licence will be subject to conditions, including:

  • Take-out only, with no tables, chairs or covered areas
  • Compliance with all Township bylaws

Business Licence Applications

Business Licence applications are accepted between 8:30am and 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.

Apply for a business licence using this application form . If you intend to make any alterations and or additions to your business premises, a Building Permit may be required.

Need a little help with the application process? Check out this handy Guide to Business Licence Application Process .

Applications can be submitted in person, by postal mail, fax or email to Payment can be made:

  • in person by cash, debit, cheque, or credit card (American Express, MasterCard, and VISA)
  • a cheque via postal mail

Business Licence Renewal

Looking to renew your business licence online? Visit the Township's secure Business Licence Renewal  web page.

Other Helpful Resources

Utilities Information for Businesses


Township water is a combination of municipal wells, private wells, and the Greater Vancouver Water District. View the latest rates .


The Township sewer system is a combination of a municipal collection system and private septic systems. Treatment of sewage from the municipal collection system is provided by the Greater Vancouver Sewerage and Drainage District Facilities. View the latest rates  .


Electric power is supplied by BC Hydro.

Natural Gas

FortisBC supplies natural gas primarily for heating and hot water.


The local service providers for telecommunications service are:

  • Bell
  • Shaw
  • Telus
Cable/Internet The primary service providers for cable and internet service are: 
  • Bell
  • Rogers
  • Shaw
  • Telus