Film Production

Mayor and Council support the film industry, and recognize the economic and social benefits it brings to our community.

The Township of Langley expects all production companies and their cast and crews to abide by the Creative BC Film Industry Code of Conduct for Cast and Crew , which outlines community expectations when filming in British Columbia.

There may be some disruption to routines during filming. We thank residents, businesses, and visitors for their patience and cooperation when film productions are taking place in our community.

Film/Screen-Based Industry

The Township of Langley is considered to be one of the most film-friendly municipalities in BC's Lower Mainland. We encourage you to choose our municipality as your film destination.

Each production wishing to film on private or public property must obtain all necessary approved municipal and agency permits in advance of filming. Contact our Film Coordinator at 604-533-6151 or film@tol.ca.

Please familiarize yourself with the Township's Filming Guideline  and new Filming Policy . At the time of your next filming application, you must sign acknowledgement of having read and understood both documents.

We offer simple, straightforward processes, timely turnaround, reasonable fees, and client location confidentiality.

Getting Started

  1. Familiarize yourself with the Township’s Filming Guideline and Filming Policy
  2. Submit a completed Film Application package
  3. Contact our Film Coordinator at 604-533-6151 or film@tol.ca
  4. Submit a completed Film Permit Highways Use Permit

Here are some useful links:

Contributing to our Community Partners in Film Reserve

Interested productions can make donations and other contributions to a Township reserve, which funds future, small-scale improvements across our community, such as playground equipment, park benches, and picnic tables. For more information, contact our Film Coordinator at 604-533-6151 or film@tol.ca.

Residents and Businesses

Learn more about what to expect when filming takes place in your neighbourhood or area by reading our new Resident’s Guide to Filming  and Business Guide to Filming  .

Film productions filming on private property, including resident homes or businesses, must first apply to the Township.

Film productions are also responsible to directly negotiate terms and costs associated to use any private property with the owner/occupant. The Township remains external to these private negotiations.

Have you recently had filming in your neighbourhood?

We would love to hear from you. Please complete the Filming Neighbourhood Exit Poll  and email the completed form to filmpoll@tol.ca.