Notice of Claim

If you sustain an injury, loss, or damage to yourself, your home or property, notify your primary insurance carrier (ICBC, property insurer).

The Township of Langley cannot undertake work on private property; therefore, it is your responsibility to mitigate damages that occurred or are occurring.

Download and fill out a Notice of Claim form , which can also be obtained at the Customer Service counter at the Civic Facility.

As per the Local Government Act, Section 736 , a municipality must receive written notification of a loss within two months of the date the damage was sustained.

Upon receipt of your completed Notice of Claim form, the Risk Management Department will:

  • acknowledge receipt of notice
  • investigate the incident